In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1no proliferación femininebefore noun nonproliferation treaty — tratado de no proliferación masculine
- In addition to starting up its nuclear reactors, it has expelled UN inspectors and is withdrawing from the nuclear non-proliferation treaty.
- This would seem to undermine the whole idea of nuclear non-proliferation.
- Some agreements, whether on naval matters in the 1930s or on nuclear non-proliferation since 1945, have been criticized as inherently discriminatory.
- It is still the world community's general desire and priority to settle urgent non-proliferation problems by political and diplomatic methods.
- One thing is absolutely sure: in the matter of genetics, like the Internet and nuclear non-proliferation, no country can go it alone.
- Other issues include non-proliferation of nuclear weapons.
- For example, we should still pay attention to human rights, non-proliferation, free trade, and democracy.
- It would be the end of any nuclear non-proliferation agreement.
- Military intervention, he argued, can hardly serve as an instrument of enforcing nuclear non-proliferation.
- In this context, I would also like to reiterate that India's track record in nuclear non-proliferation is impeccable.
- ‘This would end nuclear non-proliferation worldwide, and leave us much less secure than we are today,’ the senator said.
- We agree with Holdstock and Waterston that all efforts must be made for non-proliferation of nuclear weapons.
- A new nuclear non-proliferation policy begins with the principle that we can no longer keep the nuclear genie in the bottle.
- The government must seize the initiative and begin revamping the treaty on the non-proliferation of nuclear weapons.
- Nuclear non-proliferation was generally considered a desirable objective by most of the states that signed the NPT.
- This makes the problem of non-proliferation of weapons of mass destruction highly topical.
- The importance of the active non-proliferation strategy should grow in a stable and predictable world order.
- He put heart and soul into negotiating the 1968 non-proliferation agreement.
- As a first step, Labor will commission a new and independent assessment of non-proliferation and disarmament strategies.
- Adapting the traditional non-proliferation and arms control regimes to the changing world will hardly be an easy process.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.