In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Built in 1864, it was the first coed, non-sectarian university in the world.
- The Mission was started as an independent non-sectarian project by two members of the Centenary Methodist Chapel.
- Here, he is not referring to a non-sectarian space, a place where the differences between Catholics and Protestants do not matter.
- The community's private school was non-sectarian and learning about different religions was part of the curriculum.
- As members of a non-sectarian party, Ford and his colleagues argued that it would be ‘difficult to stomach’ rebranding themselves as unionists or nationalists for longer than a day.
- Our objective is India Economy Watch is to try with time to produce a non-sectarian forum where a wide variety of views associated with the hopes and difficulties for India's future can be debated.
- We will strive to be non-sectarian and ecumenical, and our pages are open to a wide range of political views, a commitment to pluralism reflected in our advisory editorial board.
- Both advance themselves as non-sectarian and dedicated to bridging the gap between Protestants and Catholics.
- This is the whole idea behind his faith-based initiatives program, is that faith-based organizations can stand side by side with secular, non-sectarian organizations in providing charitable services.
- The dominant architectural feature of the Main Quadrangle, Memorial Church was dedicated in 1903 in memory of Leland Stanford and has been non-sectarian since its inception.
- Paul inspired those of us new to politics in 1968 with his principles, humour and non-sectarian politics.
- It is a spirituality that is non-sectarian, universal and unconnected to ritual.
- Its claim to be a non-sectarian, non-political, non-religious humanitarian charity is a sham.
- He cites numerous friends and colleagues who have described him as ‘the most non-sectarian person they know’ before launching another attack on last year's coverage of his demise.
- The first steps have been taken to set up an anti-capitalist movement from below, where social and political organisations can come together in a non-sectarian way.
- However, many Western practitioners today feel a need to reinstate the universal, non-sectarian spiritual orientation of Traditional Chinese Medicine.
- When I was a missionary in Africa (placed by a non-sectarian group working at a Catholic mission hospital), 70 percent of rural health care was done by missionaries.
- The organisation is non-party political and non-sectarian, which added greatly to its early success, and all women over 16 years of age, regardless of religious or political beliefs were eligible to join.
- Rejecting theocracy, Althusius developed a non-sectarian, non-religious contractualist political theory of federations that prohibited state intervention even for purposes of promoting the right faith.
- We were the only major party to increase our share of the vote and I believe that our positive and non-sectarian attitude was the reason.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.