In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- So we must try to make sense of what seems on the surface to be nonsensical.
- Consequently, his lawyers are talking to Martel's lawyers, who are the only people likely to profit from this nonsensical argument.
- We should nip this nonsensical argument in the bud before it's taken too far, and the federal government follows.
- In sensory or receptive aphasia, there is a problem with comprehension, and affected people produce speech that sounds fluent but is actually nonsensical or full of meaningless jargon.
- However, words tend to fail when it comes to making sense of Herriman's often nonsensical tales.
- As their argument sinks, the nonsensical numbers of the Lancet Study are all that is left to cling to.
- As the wall is not finished, this is a nonsensical argument.
- I couldn't remember all the games I came up with, some that made sense and others that were completely nonsensical.
- If the writer's argument is nonsensical, readers are quick to say so.
- As a result, he develops more arguments against rationalism, and finds them more and more nonsensical and therefore less worthwhile reading.
- And in any case, we could take the second meaning of the word ‘insubstantial’ into consideration and say that dreams are meaningless and far too nonsensical.
- Her experience is not only painful; it seems meaningless and nonsensical.
- It looked nonsensical and meaningless but held its own importance.
- This argument is as nonsensical as it is cruel and an extra billion is not enough.
- I laughed, delighted with the nonsensical argument.
- Instead, many critics have focused on a fairly nonsensical argument.
- Then, having apparently resolved their nonsensical argument, the sorcerer said a phrase in a language Isobel did not understand.
- It was a nonsensical argument and one got the impression that Kerr did not believe it himself.
- But here's the philosophical conundrum: how can one exercise common sense when the rules themselves are nonsensical?
- Van Bebber and Taylor pointed out the same errors in Ross's earlier book, and it's tiresome to see Ross repeating discredited nonsensical arguments time after time.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.