In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1uretritis no específica feminine
- According to the HPSC, the most common STIs reported last year were anogenital warts, genital chlamydia infection and non-specific urethritis (infection of the bladder).
- Among the most common infections are genital warts, chlamydia, candidiasis and non-specific urethritis.
- In the developing world, the commonest diseases are gonorrhoea, syphilis, chancroid, and HIV infection, whereas in developed countries they are chlamydial infections, non-specific urethritis, genital warts, and herpes.
- Reiter's syndrome is most common in young men who have just recovered from non-specific urethritis.
- There isn't one specific cause of the STI non-specific urethritis, and it affects only men.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.