In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1no estándarLinguistics no aceptado en la lengua generalLinguistics no aceptado en la lengua estándar
- Under normal circumstances, dialects or non-standard Mandarin are not to be used.
- The requirement to answer in complete sentences recalls Labov's classic work on non-standard English.
- If children are present please refrain from non-standard English.
- I was already aware of many other non-standard usages that didn't bother me a bit.
- The futility of constant correction of non-standard language in the classroom also receives support from academic research.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.