In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1no violencia feminine
- Simplicity was a major criterion in the community and my life revolved round the message of social justice and non-violence.
- During visits to India he studied Gandhi's principles of non-violence.
- But is it possible to draw a clear line where peace and non-violence may be given up in favour of violence, even war?
- His participation in conferences is to spread the message of peace and non-violence.
- Yet this was a just war, where the principle of non-violence did not for once apply.
- Not only is non-violence a powerful political tool, but it is, and becomes, a spiritually uplifting force.
- Guns weren't exactly something she had wanted to hold as she was a girl who believed in peace and non-violence.
- He has been struggling for peace and non-violence for years.
- Pope John Paul will be remembered for his resolve to promote love, peace and non-violence.
- He teaches peace and non-violence at six area universities and at a number of public secondary and high schools.
- During the campaign white ribbons will be used to show support and personal commitment to non-violence, as well as boost awareness.
- The choreography explores the concept of harmony and echoes the message of non-violence and peace.
- Dialogue through Poetry aims to build a culture of peace and non-violence.
- We want to work to make non-violence an organizing principle in our society, and the way to do that is education.
- The common thread that connected them was their abiding belief that peace and non-violence were the only forces that could save humanity.
- In intellectual terms his emphasis was upon the force of truth and non-violence in the struggle against evil.
- United Nations International Day of Peace is a day of global ceasefire and non-violence.
- As I said, we are open to anyone who wants to publicise any cause so long as their basic belief is non-violence and peace.
- It predates both the peaceful non-violence of Martin Luther King and the radical militancy of the Panthers.
- I hope you will consider the use and practice of non-violence in a more creative and positive way, rather than dismiss it as mere idealism.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.