In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- And the senior Police officer told the Democrat such attacks make a return to normalised policing all the more difficult.
- The United States has the needed leverage, including through the potential to lift sanctions and normalise diplomatic relations.
- The issue has been a major stumbling block to normalizing diplomatic relations between North Korea and Japan.
- Since China normalized its diplomatic relations with Vietnam in 1989, border trade has boomed each year and border residents from Vietnam visit China easily and freely, as long as they return by the end of the day.
- Between 1988 and 1994, China normalized or established diplomatic relations with 18 countries, as well as with the Soviet successor states.
- Japan and North Korea have held three rounds of talks on normalizing diplomatic relations this year.
- The talks were originally meant to focus on normalizing diplomatic relations which would bring Japanese economic aid to North Korea.
- During Clinton's two terms, the U.S. lifted its economic embargo against Vietnam in 1995, normalized its diplomatic relations with the country the same year, and reached a bilateral trade agreement in July this year.
- The two countries normalized diplomatic relations in November 1991.
- He became the first U.S. ambassador to Vietnam in May 1997 after the two countries normalized diplomatic relations in 1995.
- If realized, it would be first round of negotiations for normalizing diplomatic relations between the two countries since the previous such talks were held in October 2002 in Kuala Lumpur.
- The adverse balance has persisted since 1965, when the two countries normalized their diplomatic relations.
- Japan and North Korea are scheduled to hold the next round of talks on normalizing diplomatic relations later this month, possibly in Beijing.
- The January talks, if realized, would be the first round of negotiations on normalizing diplomatic relations since the previous talks were held in October 2002 in Kuala Lumpur.
- They predict that for February conditions will normalise, and we'll get the usual amount of rain for that month, 90mm.
- When Japan and South Korea normalized diplomatic relations in 1965, Tokyo provided Seoul with $500 million, a substantial sum at the time, in grants and loans.
- This year alone, the North has normalized diplomatic relations with 12 countries, including Belgium, Canada, Germany and Spain.
- According to sources, it will take at least a week's time for the situation to normalise.
- Formal talks for normalizing diplomatic relations have been suspended since October 2002.
- Well, our server situation has finally normalized and we have settled in with our new hosting provider.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.