- We are testing some samples and suspect it is norovirus, we should get lab confirmation early this week.
- Nineteen people have submitted stool samples that tested positive for diarrhea-causing agents: Campylobacter (14), norovirus (3), salmonella (1) and Giardia (1).
- Norovirus is the most common cause of infectious gastroenteritis in England and Wales.
- O'Connor noted that the norovirus has many different strains, making it difficult for a person to develop long-lasting immunity to the infection.
- "Real difficulties are caused when norovirus is introduced to closed environments such as hospitals, residential homes or schools."