In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(in US football)
- At nose tackle, the pre-injury Payne is the Texans' ideal.
- He landed the nose tackle he sought in Ty Warren and a cornerback with a lot of potential in Eugene Wilson.
- Lewis plugs the middle against the inside run in short yardage with the power of a nose tackle, but he has the range of a free safety, getting to the corner to cut off the sweep.
- It also didn't draft a quarterback or acquire a veteran nose tackle, and it failed to add a true middle linebacker and an established kick returner.
- For example, the nose tackle is responsible for the gaps between the center and each of the guards.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.