In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1rueda delantera (de aterrizaje) feminine
- After minor repairs were made to the nose wheel, the aircraft was declared fully functional and fit to fly.
- As the aircraft became airborne, the nose wheel, in retracting into its well, pulled the cover from the window.
- A little further up, we came across the nose wheel of the aircraft.
- I went under the nose and climbed up the ladder built into the bottom hatch just aft of the nose wheel.
- However, when the plane settled in and the nose wheel came down, I first realized something was not right up front.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.