In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- In the intervention hospital, the records showed 29 nosocomial infections with VRE and 44 with MRSA.
- Minimize potential complications such as nosocomial infections, gastrointestinal bleeding, and thromboembolism.
- A high prevalence of nosocomial infections in ICU patients is associated with high utilization of antibiotics.
- Some of these are infections occurring in patients after admission to the hospital called nosocomial infections.
- It is unclear whether pagers could serve as vectors of nosocomial infection, but health care workers must consider that potential when touching or handling a pager.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.