- Minimize potential complications such as nosocomial infections, gastrointestinal bleeding, and thromboembolism.
- A high prevalence of nosocomial infections in ICU patients is associated with high utilization of antibiotics.
- Some of these are infections occurring in patients after admission to the hospital called nosocomial infections.
- In the intervention hospital, the records showed 29 nosocomial infections with VRE and 44 with MRSA.
- It is unclear whether pagers could serve as vectors of nosocomial infection, but health care workers must consider that potential when touching or handling a pager.