In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- I think there's an infectious wave of formless nostalgia sweeping the nation at the moment.
- Being a soppy sort of soul, I'm overpowered by waves of nostalgia, each time I visit the Chelsea area.
- In electoral politics you either sell a promise for the future, or nostalgia for the past.
- That warm fuzzy feeling of nostalgia was an almost physical sensation.
- His unsettling ideas will be neutralised by nostalgia for a period already mostly forgotten.
- There is no nostalgia with regard to past connections with the states from the Warsaw Pact.
- I have such a soft spot in my heart for the film that it's hard to see past all the nostalgia.
- One of the things with nostalgia is the warm feeling you get from the things that both frightened and fascinated you as a kid.
- This again is a film about memory but this time one in which nostalgia for time past becomes a pathology.
- So I took a trip to the website this morning and immediately got lost in a wave of nostalgia.
- Few people can remain untouched by the wave of nostalgia sweeping the land right now.
- Along with the concept, there was this nagging feeling of nostalgia for the past.
- With love of nature and nostalgia for the past, they combine elements of jazz and rock.
- In addition, many have been gripped by a wave of nostalgia for the old east.
- It is full of nostalgia for a Scotland past and gone but full of hope for the new, modern Scotland.
- Both works have a strong undercurrent of grief and bitter nostalgia.
- It is also full of nostalgia as they reminisce the days of yore in the form of song, dance and photos of old Hawaii.
- The days of the Empire were by then long gone, but not so the English romance with faraway places or its nostalgia for the past.
- This is a show that, despite its bygone English rural setting, is without nostalgia or sentimentality.
- News of the plan to make Spam popular again triggered a wave of nostalgia at our house.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.