In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- On the way out of the cafe your mother needed to use the loo and left me by some rubbishy notelets and a pretty girl.
- Croydon Champions will be printing notelets which will be on sale at the Champions roadshows throughout the year and at our gala reception in November.
- Congratulations to all our winners; your entries are currently being professionally printed into notelets which will be sold in aid of this year's Champions charity Croydon Carers Contact.
- The DSA used 12 of Sally's pictures for their calendar for 1996 and for notelets which continue to sell well.
- I, like the wannabe overachiever that I am, duly raised my hand and bought a pack of airmail fold-up notelets in readiness for my first missive.
- At the end of each month the picture can be detached from the calendar and used as a notelet.
- The book, as well as cards and notelets, have been produced by the town council as part of the Mayor's Christmas Project.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.