In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1tablero de anuncios masculinetablón de anuncios masculine Spaincartelera feminine Latin Americadiario mural masculine Chile
- Today thousands of students across North Wiltshire will open letters and scour noticeboards for the exam results which will change their lives.
- Ideas for the garden include an area for disabled people, a wildlife section with informative noticeboards, a raised pergola as a central feature and various gardens filled with conifers, alpine plants and wildflowers.
- Another initiative already under way is regular staff newsletters and new staff noticeboards.
- The relevant bus numbers and times are on noticeboards, and cycle racks and showers are provided.
- Scribbled notes are left on whiteboards, postcards remain pinned to noticeboards and discarded paperwork adorns desks.
- Information will have to be displayed on local community noticeboards, in libraries and published in relevant ward newsletters.
- The bulk of the work inside is done now, with all the carpets down, and they were even starting to put up the noticeboards.
- And during the war they took down all the village noticeboards just in case the Germans invaded and were able to plan their moves around the country quickly using local bus services.
- Details of new clubs now being set up in Temple Hill can be found on noticeboards in the square.
- Stone slabs surrounding the churchyard were knocked over and iron railings and the church noticeboard flattened after a green Rover car which was being followed by police went out of control.
- In keeping with tradition, each candidate must display his or her manifesto on a noticeboard so that it is open to question before it is distributed.
- Today individual areas have their own beat officers, often identified by posters on local noticeboards, but people don't necessarily know where to find them.
- Stern messages from her about smoking and other unacceptable behaviour are prominently displayed on the noticeboard.
- We have a newsletter, a noticeboard and a website and copies of the minutes are always available.
- Calne Town Council has worked hard to promote Broadband with posters on the town's noticeboards telling people how they can register their interest.
- Photo albums, noticeboards and the like will be added as and when we get time, so please keep visiting regularly, and wish us luck!
- I suggest placing a large noticeboard at the gate, the responsibility of a specific employee, showing the current status for various materials and, if unavailable, when next expected.
- Hostilities have broken out on a noticeboard at work.
- The poems will be billboards, posters, noticeboards and leaflets around the region as well as being available on the internet.
- In this way we will be able to keep the noticeboard fresh and of interest to passers-by.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.