In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1alimento masculineit contains little real nourishment — tiene muy poco valor nutritivo / alimenticio
- it provides the nourishment the plant requires — aporta los nutrientes que la planta necesita
- to take nourishment — alimentarse
- In this discussion Buddhists draw nourishment and guidance from a centuries-old tradition of Christian meditative prayer and monastic practice.
- If this congestion is not cleared up quickly, the blood will clot and arteries that bring the tissues their necessary nourishment will become plugged and the tissues will die.
- Consider how the fruit of the Spirit in its splendid variety provides nourishment for our souls.
- Since you, the parent is the baby's primary source of physical and emotional nourishment, your well being can contribute to the presence or absence of colic.
- For instance, people demand food because of the nourishment it offers them.
- Also, he knew he needed bodily nourishment to bring up his declining health.
- When the spleen is weak, the body will not be able to use the nourishment available in food.
- The patient can specify in advance in his living will under what conditions nourishment, hydration or other life support should be withheld.
- We may value the activity of eating to the degree that it provides nourishment.
- His instincts tell him that is where he will find nourishment.
- The sturdy roots dug deep into unyielding rocks and drew nourishment from the seemingly sterile soil.
- Much of the research, conducted on soldiers and workers in order to determine the minimum nourishment necessary to maintain health, emphasized models of efficiency.
- Adequate nourishment is critical when attempting any difficult mental and physical work.
- As long as we get the nourishment necessary to survive we live, when we don't, we die.
- He breathes without the machine, receives nourishment through the tubes, stares without seeing, and listens without hearing.
- They all offer white bread, middle-of-the-road ideas or experiences entirely lacking in intellectual or emotional nourishment.
- My feeling is that there is a lack of spiritual nourishment among younger people.
- For spiritual nourishment there were halls of worship filled with statues of the Buddha.
- Young artists ransacked antique shops and archives to find spiritual nourishment beyond the groundwork that had been laid waste.
- Art was hailed as an inner, ethical necessity, primary nourishment for the soul.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.