In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1novela rosa feminine
- After a couple of novelettes, she started writing short stories for all leading publications in Malayalam and brought out her first compilation of short stories as ‘Nirmalyam’ in 1994.
- My current work in progress is a novelette about the death of the playwright Christopher Marlowe, so it's exciting for me to be behind the scenes of a real theatre.
- The trend in films and in the increasingly popular American pulp novelette is towards pornography and sex as part of a whole picture of violence.
- The original novelette, The Bicentennial Man, was one of Asimov's finest pieces of work.
- Holden's next appearance was in a 90-page novelette finished in 1946, which, Salinger was unhappy with and did not publish, even though it had been accepted by a publisher.
- Those are the short stories, here are the novelettes.
- The novelette aside, the overall quality isn't quite up to par with Asimov's Science Fiction Magazine, but it's better than I expected.
- The denigrated genres are there in abundance: romance, novelettes, westerns, ‘hard-boiled’ and so on.
- We're trying to discern the difference between a short story, a vignette, a novella, and a novelette.
- The novelette is well translated and available at Amazon.com.
- That first love can exert a powerful force, both constructive and destructive, is the central theme of Jens Christian Grøndahl's excellent novelette Virginia.
- Often her class held the suspense of a mystery novelette.
- Drawing on these experiences, Webb's novelettes focus on the leisure-time activities of upper-class society in London, Paris, and Cannes.
- In the marketplace of feature films, they've sort of become like novelettes - quaint-seeming, tied to a different era when everything was simpler.
- Lazily the nurse laid her romance novelette down and got up.
- Sophie Dahl's novelette was the straw that broke Matthew's back.
- There was a time when only a section of the women population were addicted to the novelettes churned out by several scintillating weeklies.
- Ayn Rand wrote three novels, at least seven nonfiction books, a novelette and two plays.
- For the rest of his long, innovative and hugely prolific career, he drew inspiration from the comics, novelties, magazines, toys and cheap novelettes collected over the years with magpie insatiability.
- The first of these, published in 1846, bore the title of a featured novelette, Aunt Patty's Scrap Bag.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.