In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- This is a tragedy which will supply themes for novelists and poets for centuries.
- Alexandra Lapierre, award-winning French novelist and biographer, has produced a book that combines biography, fiction and scholarship.
- Daum is an essayist and novelist living in Los Angeles.
- The novelist's imagination is probable, the poet's improbable.
- In the same vein, several British Asian novelists have been writing about the turbulence within Britain's Muslim community.
- I surprised some people, though, by including the novelist Edna O'Brien.
- Many would argue that he's the most challenging of contemporary American novelists.
- Countless other crime novelists have adopted the same technique.
- At heart, she's a Victorian novelist writing long, complex narratives with multiple plots and well-developed characters.
- What advice would he give to aspiring novelists?
- Sometimes it takes a novelist's imagination to put a human face on the horror of war.
- We have several young novelists here who are trying to invent a form to supersede Balzac's.
- Lennox Morrison is a journalist turned novelist who lives in Glasgow.
- His work connects us to Cocteau, François Mauriac and other French novelists.
- Yes, one of the greatest American novelists of all time was, indeed, a journalist.
- Agatha Christie is the best-selling novelist of all time.
- By any measure, Ian McEwan is one of the most accomplished novelists of his generation.
- The pulp novelist, Dan Dark, is a man in misery.
- You offer a long list of reasons why one might become a detective novelist.
- The first issue had a foreword by John Wain, the novelist, who had just appeared then and was very famous.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.