- Twenty-three years as a published writer have taught me that publishing is a hazardous enterprise at best, an arena of life where it would be best to inject your self-esteem with novocaine if such a thing were possible.
- Before beginning the procedure, you will inhale an aerosol spray of a medicine like Novocain, which numbs the nose and throat area and helps to prevent coughing and gagging during the procedure.
- In 1905, cocaine was replaced by the synthetic drug novocaine This in turn was replaced by lignocaine, which is in use today.
- As well as the usual Novocain and gas, she also offers a relaxing aromatherapy service and specially designed Eye Trek glasses which allow you to watch your favourite DVD while she tinkers about with your teeth.
- You don't want to be at the dentist and have the novocaine wear off halfway through a root canal, do you?