In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1feminine bocamasculine picomasculine pitorro Spainfeminine cánulafeminine boquillafeminine tobera
- Movement was controlled by downward-pointing nozzles which could be directed by the pilot.
- The chocolate dipped shortbread should have been piped with a fluted nozzle.
- When the liquid flows through the nozzle, the propellant rapidly expands into gas.
- The opening and closing of the fuel injector nozzles is controlled by a solenoid valve.
- I can feel the eyes on my back as I grab the hose and insert the nozzle into my car.
- Most current agricultural sprayers use hydraulic nozzles to meter and atomize the liquid into drops.
- Its accessories include the necessary hoses, wands, nozzles, hydrant adapters and an injector.
- Major oil companies have recently agreed to standardise the colour of their nozzles and hoses for unleaded and diesel pumps to reduce customer confusion.
- The rain continued to sprinkle lightly on them as though from the nozzle of a shower hose.
- Hoses would need trigger nozzles, and washing the car on the pavement would be banned, along with using a hose to wash down paths and driveways.
- The solution is delivered to the nozzles via a separate hose line which runs along the boom span using it as a support mechanism to mount each nozzle.
- Design for winter operation must include self-draining pipes and winter nozzles if sprinkler irrigation is used.
- To increase performance, some low pressure spray nozzles are mounted on drop tubes below the pivot pipeline.
- The soft batter is piped through a star nozzle into hot oil.
- Set your hose nozzle to a fine mist so the water can soak in without causing erosion or disturbing the seeds.
- Water with a sprinkler set to a fine spray or a garden hose with a mist nozzle.
- Other ideas range from advanced cabin cameras to hidden nozzles that could pump sleeping gas into the fuselage.
- A variation of this uses a stream of gas or liquid in the rocket nozzle to divert the exhaust flow.
- An inert gas then propels the liquid through an ultrasonic nozzle that atomizes it.
- Complete filling the tank with water, then flush the cleaning solution through the boom, hoses, and nozzles.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.