In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The new animation done specifically for this release captures every nuance of the series.
- What other moods and emotional nuances are portrayed by the rapper actors?
- Understanding such cultural nuances is important and can avoid unfortunate mishaps.
- Cultural nuances play a roll in the use and acceptance of communications technologies in Asia.
- On the other hand, lust so drives men that they have difficulty understanding the emotional nuances of love.
- You can savor delicate musical nuances without disturbing others.
- It's not a point of view I've ever heard before, and I may not entirely have got the subtler nuances of it.
- Corporate and government leaders can't grasp the nuances of a process - they have no idea.
- Silence here is related to nuances of meaning and shifts in a writer's focus.
- He joined Barista as a brew master and soon mastered the finer nuances of coffee.
- To them, I say, you obviously don't appreciate the subtle comedic nuances of Question Time.
- But for Judaism, the Hebrew Bible cannot be properly understood without grasping the nuances of its original language.
- Students also appreciated the added nuances and inflections of meaning that are possible in speech.
- With her full concentration on her subject, she caught little nuances those with pads or recorders missed.
- In short, he's learning subtle nuances.
- Rather, he is a musician's musician, one who harvests a composition for its intimacy and expressive nuance.
- He needs to get a little bigger, but he understands the nuances of a difficult position.
- There is no nuance to her character, no secret artistic passion or deep personal pain.
- Where can they find people who understand the culture, down to its finest nuances?
- Well, I don't think the objection captures the nuance of the Catholic position.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.