In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1residuos nucleares masculineresiduos radioactivos masculinedesechos nucleares masculinedesechos radioactivos masculine
- Demanding the right to continue destroying the environment is like nuclear power workers demanding the right to keep on producing nuclear waste.
- Radioactive pollution is spread by rainfall and from nuclear waste products discharged into the sea, soil and air.
- When dealing with quantities of nuclear waste, it make sense to plan for the long haul.
- She has no objection to the process as such of discharging nuclear waste; obviously nuclear waste has to be dealt with.
- It approved a plan to bury 77,000 tons of nuclear waste under the mountain.
- There are much more efficient ways to kill than using radioactive nuclear waste.
- Furthermore, in the future they will have to dispose of their own spent nuclear fuel and nuclear waste.
- Jack Edlow told members the transportation of nuclear waste has been going on in the world since the 1950s.
- We'll have clean power for our cars, at the price of hundreds of millions of tons of nuclear waste spread all over the country.
- It also backed the return of reprocessed nuclear waste to Germany.
- The Royal Academy of Engineering last year showed wind power to be twice as expensive as nuclear - even including the costs of nuclear waste.
- Dubbed nuclear Titanics a fleet of ships carrying nuclear waste is passing Australian shores.
- It's time we consider new nuclear reactors which produce less nuclear waste than before, he says.
- More seriously, will they know where we dumped all that nuclear waste?
- We transport nuclear waste from Lucas Heights all the way to France for reprocessing.
- An internal report written by a manager at the Sellafield nuclear waste reprocessing plant was leaked this week.
- Greenpeace has been lobbying for ten years to have all plutonium treated as nuclear waste not as potential reactor fuel.
- Scientists are examining Humber estuary mud in the hope it could hold the key to the safe disposal of radioactive nuclear waste.
- He added the best way to begin dealing with Britain's nuclear waste was to stop production of any more, and that every community named on the list should help halt it.
- The main problem with fission engines is the controversy over nuclear waste.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.