In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1desnudo masculinein the nude — desnudo
- The gallery had an early work by Tuke and a pastel, but did not have one of the famous nudes on beaches paintings.
- Also on display will be luscious nudes, portraits and studies of children, many of which were made from pastels since lost.
- She was one of the first women photographers to concentrate on nudes.
- This is, after all, a humongous still life in a landscape setting, with nudes and animals strewn throughout.
- Dutch photographer Carla van de Puttelaar creates very interesting nudes and portraits.
- His sculpture included nudes, portraits, and scenes from everyday life, but he was best known for religious subjects.
- He also, unusually, made three drawings of female nudes from life.
- I had many other paintings, nudes, modern, and so on, but they didn't pay attention to those.
- Her early work consisted mostly of impressionistic nudes and still lifes painted with a bold palette.
- Paintings of fleshy nudes line the walls, and pillars are plastered with pictures of a chubby comic book character.
- Modigliani's nudes were the subject of his only gallery show during his lifetime and the police shut it down.
- Two years later, I photographed another set of nudes for a Japanese magazine.
- Much of Feld's body of work is classic nudes or sensual images of the human body, both male and female.
- All of Saville's monumental nudes employ photographic precedents, but not in any simple way.
- Subjects range from female nudes to noblemen and children to animals and landscapes.
- The truth is, not every art collector is an aficionado of nudes.
- Andy Warhol's Marilyn Monroe images are on display, as well as several Picasso nudes and Rodin sculptures, including The Kiss.
- The two robust and muscular nudes on this sheet have also been interpreted as Leonardo's response to Michelangelo's depictions of the male nude.
- One obvious example was the British photographer Bill Brandt, famous for photographing nudes by using a wide angle lens on the camera.
- This book shows his full range of paintings, everything from society figures to nudes to cowboys.
1(man/woman) desnudoto pose nude — posar desnudo
- a nude portrait/study — un desnudo
- a nude scene — una escena de desnudo
- nude swimming is not allowed — no está permitido bañarse desnudo
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.