In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Paintings of fleshy nudes line the walls, and pillars are plastered with pictures of a chubby comic book character.
- He also, unusually, made three drawings of female nudes from life.
- The two robust and muscular nudes on this sheet have also been interpreted as Leonardo's response to Michelangelo's depictions of the male nude.
- This book shows his full range of paintings, everything from society figures to nudes to cowboys.
- Also on display will be luscious nudes, portraits and studies of children, many of which were made from pastels since lost.
- Andy Warhol's Marilyn Monroe images are on display, as well as several Picasso nudes and Rodin sculptures, including The Kiss.
- Much of Feld's body of work is classic nudes or sensual images of the human body, both male and female.
- This is, after all, a humongous still life in a landscape setting, with nudes and animals strewn throughout.
- One obvious example was the British photographer Bill Brandt, famous for photographing nudes by using a wide angle lens on the camera.
- The gallery had an early work by Tuke and a pastel, but did not have one of the famous nudes on beaches paintings.
- Two years later, I photographed another set of nudes for a Japanese magazine.
- Dutch photographer Carla van de Puttelaar creates very interesting nudes and portraits.
- Her early work consisted mostly of impressionistic nudes and still lifes painted with a bold palette.
- The truth is, not every art collector is an aficionado of nudes.
- I had many other paintings, nudes, modern, and so on, but they didn't pay attention to those.
- Modigliani's nudes were the subject of his only gallery show during his lifetime and the police shut it down.
- All of Saville's monumental nudes employ photographic precedents, but not in any simple way.
- Subjects range from female nudes to noblemen and children to animals and landscapes.
- His sculpture included nudes, portraits, and scenes from everyday life, but he was best known for religious subjects.
- She was one of the first women photographers to concentrate on nudes.
1(man/woman) desnudoto pose nude — posar desnudo
- a nude portrait/study — un desnudo
- a nude scene — una escena de desnudo
- nude swimming is not allowed — no está permitido bañarse desnudo
- He commented that, in Islam, we are prohibited to appear nude in front of someone.
- Finally, there are also two bathing scenes where she appears fully nude.
- A partially nude woman, with folded arms and wearing green socks and purple shoes, stands in the middle.
- Woods has said his girlfriend had done swimsuit modelling, but never posed nude.
- The blue lights flickered off and he carefully climbed out, totally nude.
- Peter stood nude, waist high in the cold water of the stream.
- Thankfully, the nude model managed to find some clothes to wear in later issues!
- Sophia touched his shoulder and he turned to look at her now fully nude body.
- Pole dancing involves having nearly nude women writhe around a vertical pole while striking various erotic poses.
- Had she ever walked around nude in front of the monitor when she'd been online?
- Caci slipped off her clothing piece by piece until she was standing there completely nude.
- She stripped nude to clean out the fridge and Chris decided to sit with a beer and watch.
- Tricia Stewart was one of the members of Rylstone and District WI who posed nude for a calendar.
- We found ourselves in a room with several nearly nude women, lying stretched out on tubs of ice.
- He also appears completely nude (in puppet form) at one point.
- Peta is well known for its provocative ad campaigns, which sometimes feature nude models proclaiming they'd rather go naked than wear fur.
- He just liked seeing her almost nude, she was sure of it.
- She was nude in front of him, but he'd seen it before.
- Totally nude, he sat down at the dressing table and began to look through his paperwork.
- The lights faded up dimly, casting an amber glow on his nearly nude body.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.