- That is good news, because numbers games are already a curse in most betting shops, and what is betting on the lottery if not just another numbers racket?
- And the numbers racket in the Bahamas - that's a whole different story.
- Last summer, five young men went on a boat ride for an odd job, and they disappeared on a ‘Pedro’ drug run. ‘Pedro’ runs the illicit numbers games and makes millions, and even the police haunt his internet ‘cafes’.
- It is not a crime to buy a lottery ticket, even in an illegal numbers games.
- When he was in the numbers racket, an illegal lottery that died out after the advent of legalised lotteries, he used to make complex computations in his head, creating no physical evidence for police to find.
- Racing was broadcast from far-flung destinations, such as Italy, South Africa and Dubai, while extra lottery-style numbers games were brought in.
- Meanwhile, Dixie's younger brother Vinnie starts a street war with Dutch over the income from the numbers racket.
- It is like the spin of a roulette wheel, or a numbers game.
- There is also a cafe that should remain nameless, a hangout for ‘workers’, the guys who do the legwork for local mobsters running numbers games.
- Ladbrokes' press office confirmed to me that they had suffered some losses in the east end of Glasgow, in particular, but nothing sinister was at work because in this glorified numbers game the results are generated at random by computer.
- In bookmaking, the future appears to have less and less to do with horse racing and more and more to do with what ever version of a computerised numbers game their in-house demented geniuses can dream up.
- The illegal numbers racket, known locally as the togel, for instance, is popular in most kampongs.
- When it was totally illegal, the Mafia ran prostitution and the numbers rackets right through Chicago and right through New York.
- Their father, Nate, has his own fair share of problems with an ailing burlesque theatre and a numbers racket that backfires, leaving him in debt to a small - time hood and drug dealer.
- We can deal more effectively with drug dealers and organized crime figures that run lotteries and numbers rackets and things like that than with terrorists.
- Then she jumps in to describe how the numbers racket operated, how they avoided arrest and what happened when you hit.
- On top of that there are the dogs, the poker machines, the fruit machines, the numbers games, heads ‘n tails, innumerable lotteries, ridiculous ‘special bets’, football, and all other sports, plus the virtual reality rubbish.
- And how are we going to clean out the criminal elements that pander to everything from the numbers game to illegal work permits and drug running?
- There are two special interest groups holding the national lottery back - the churches and the operators of the illegal numbers games.
- A ‘Housie’ game has been started which is based on the popular numbers game of ‘Tambola’, a must in all social gatherings.