In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1número masculineRoman/Arabic numerals — números romanos/arábigos
- She was given the choice of one with a brown face with gilt numerals, or a black face with white figures and she chose the latter.
- This invention was the decimal system of numerals - nine digits and a zero.
- Ankit Fadia, the teenaged computer security expert, says that the best passwords are the ones that use both upper case and lower case letters, besides numerals and symbols.
- Regardless of where zero came from, the numerals we use today are called Arabic numerals.
- How does the counter generate the correct permutation of the binary numerals?
- We may choose to interpret these voltages as binary numerals and the voltage changes as syntactic operations, but a computer does not interpret its operations as syntactic or any other way.
- The Arabic numerals have been used in all written works for centuries.
- A numeral is a symbol used to represent a number.
- The numeral or numerals following the first two letters indicate maximum carbon content of the alloy.
- But there is also a misconception that the European numerals are actually Arabic or that this is a change for the better or at least that it does not matter.
- One of the important sources of information which we have about Indian numerals comes from al-Biruni.
- Linkage groups are designated by roman numerals and X for the sex chromosome.
- Would this be easier if we just used Arabic numerals?
- Roman numerals indicate major types followed by letters indicating minor variants, usually a single nucleotide difference.
- They consist of numerals and symbols that are pictographic or quasi-pictographic.
- The hosts are indicated at the top, and separate colonies of each host are indicated by roman numerals.
- Alternative transcription initiation sites are designated by roman numerals.
- Participants were required to name, add or multiply Arabic or Mandarin numerals and to respond in English or Chinese.
- Merz began to utilise the Fibonacci formula of mathematical progression within his works, transmitting the concept visually through the use of the numerals and the figure of a spiral.
- The best known symbols are simple numerals: 0 through 9, which originated in India in the ancient Brahmi script.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.