In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Here, the suspension of disbelief is somewhat trickier, because a great deal of Smiley's data on these beasts comes from telepathy, numerology or astrology.
- Second, there are socially shared superstitions such as the bad luck associated with black cats or divination systems such as numerology.
- The contrast between the latest textbooks on information technology on the one hand, and the guides to astrology palmistry and numerology on the other, is startling.
- During the reading my psychic used such ancient arts as numerology, astrology, palmistry, tarot cards and rune stones and even found hidden meaning in the color of my tie.
- Much of classical astrology developed as a result of the Hellenistic perspective towards numerology and geometry.
- Biorhythm theory is based more on numerology, testimonials and the Forer effect, mass media hype, and intuition than on scientific study.
- Fortune tellers are known for using basic principles and techniques such as math, numerology and Cabalistic symbolism.
- She did numerology and astrology and tarot with an uncanny instinct.
- This will lead to more happiness, but can only be done with the help of numerology and astrology.
- Newtown is the place to be this month if you have an interest in palmistry, astrology, numerology, Egyptian sand reading or other forms of divination.
- Other spiritual methods of searching for one's soulmate are astrology, numerology, palm reading, personality types, and magic.
- They study astrology, crystal gazing, numerology, transfiguration, and divination.
- Callahan expresses his belief in the efficacy of numerology and ‘card reading.’
- These combine numerology and astrology - knowledge, as he put it, that had remained ‘a forbidden fruit since the dawn of civilisation’.
- Inside was a large brown bookshelf, jam-packed with mysterious tomes that discussed numerology, tarot, astrology, and other assorted occult subjects.
- Palmistry, numerology, naadi jyotisham and the Western and Eastern star signs are some of the better-known methods of knowing about one's future and sometimes, the past.
- Some people attribute to it something like the mystery of pi and occult numerology.
- The testimonials for numerology and the telephone psychics are quite similar.
- There are so many tools to choose from here I could possibly list them all but as we all know some of the best known are the tarot, runes, numerology, palmistry, tea leaves I ching and scrying.
- But science gave us the worldwide web, and the web hums with magic - with numerology and geomancy and 101 ways to win the lottery.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.