In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1puericultor masculinepuericultora feminine
- She had been training to become a nursery nurse and was looking forward to Christmas.
- Laura had a steady boyfriend, had done well at her GCSEs and was hoping to train as a nursery nurse after securing a place at Bury College.
- I came to York in 1954 to train as a nursery nurse at the Glen Nursery in Heworth and I've never known York without Les.
- Louise, who was training to be a nursery nurse, fell ill on January 12, complaining of a sore throat and a temperature.
- He will be accompanied to Buckingham Palace by his eldest daughter, Rahena Begum, who works as a bilingual nursery nurse at Stoneyholme Nursery School.
- Jean, a nursery nurse, said: ‘This is the worst nightmare for parents.’
- Hazel, from Warrington, re-trained as a nursery nurse four years after enjoying raising her three children and looking after sister Helen's children when she returned to work.
- A former nursery nurse has launched Scotland's first commercial parent-coaching company to teach angst-ridden couples how to bring up their offspring.
- Her mother would never have called herself a feminist but at the time emancipation really began she took Highers, trained to be a nursery nurse and learned to drive.
- ‘She thought it would be right up my street,’ said Lorraine, who has a counselling diploma and previously worked as a nursery nurse and a Samaritan.
- So the one person who did smile at a total stranger (remember, she was disguised as a nursery nurse and was pushing a group of little children) was Peter Mandelson.
- The bride, a nursery nurse at Woodside Nursery School in Farnhill, wore a white satin dress with seed pearls, diamanté detail and fishtail train.
- She was a beautiful, caring person who loved children and who loved her job as a nursery nurse at Fledglings Nursery in Swinton.
- Miss Read, a nursery nurse, praised the patience and understanding shown by everyone involved in the wedding plans, including the reception venue and photographer.
- In her younger day she had trained as a nursery nurse and qualified to teach children with learning difficulties.
- Donna, a nursery nurse at Shutters Nursery in Phoenix Street, said she was overwhelmed by the surprise.
- Amanda joined us in June 2002 as a qualified nursery nurse working in our baby unit.
- When I left school with five O'levels I went to train as a nursery nurse.
- The otherwise healthy youngster, who was training to be a nursery nurse, was dead within 19 days.
- He is doing a three-year course at York College which will qualify him to work as a nursery nurse, teaching assistant, childminder or nanny and believes he has found his vocation.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.