In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(for the aged) hogar de ancianos masculine(for convalescence) clínica feminine(for convalescence) casa de reposo feminine(for convalescence) casa de salud feminine Uruguay
- Most of the dentist's business comes from residential and nursing homes.
- The number of places in private nursing homes mushroomed while the number of NHS long stay beds plummeted.
- How many of your readers would choose to live in residential care or nursing homes if there was full support in the community?
- The patient was discharged to the nursing home under the care of the palliative care team.
- Doctors, private hospitals and nursing homes would pay premiums to the government fund.
- We analysed the proportions admitted to nursing homes or residential homes by using the test.
- He said he has had nursing experience at a nursing home for the elderly in Portlaoise.
- They thus become nursing homes rather than hospitals, so that many patients cannot be safely discharged to them.
- No targets were available for admissions to geriatric specialties or for numbers of beds in private nursing homes.
- Private nursing homes are not the only places where our elderly are neglected.
- Further studies are needed to determine the best strategy for flu chemoprophylaxis in nursing homes.
- Indeed, many aspects of preventing and managing infection in nursing homes embrace good geriatric medicine.
- Residential and nursing homes provide an essential contribution towards the care of people with dementia.
- The situation in relation to MRSA in nursing homes and hospitals is still under control, however.
- Hospitals also differ in the availability of places for people to be discharged to, such as nursing homes or hospices.
- In many instances, these become even higher than in average private hospitals and nursing homes.
- Many cannot be discharged because local authorities do not have the cash to buy ongoing care in residential or nursing homes.
- Influenza is a major cause of morbidity and mortality among residents of nursing homes.
- Many people with dementia end up being looked after in nursing homes and long stay wards.
- There are sometimes outbreaks in schools and residential or nursing homes.
2British(for pregnant women)clínica de maternidad feminine
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.