In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1plato vegetariano hecho al horno que consiste en verduras con frutos secos y hierbas
- Stereotypes of vegetarians have us all clutching a nut roast whilst peering through our wire rimmed glasses and wearing hemp.
- Lasagne, nut roast, salad and a vast choice of puddings were on the menu, which the guests paid £8 to enjoy.
- He is coming later, we've got leftover nut roast and stuffing sandwiches to scoff first.
- That's not to say I'm dining solo, with a morsel of nut roast and clootie dumpling for consolation.
- So, with the help of Ransford's daughter, MacSween's came up with a deft piece of Celtic fusion cooking which combined nut roast know - how and traditional haggis techniques.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.