In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The use of growth charts is essential as indices of health and nutrition to track a child's progress as she grows.
- Nutritional status is a sensitive indicator of community health and nutrition.
- These clinics provide education on health and nutrition for mothers and monitor their children's growth.
- Most of the suffering due to sickness could be avoided if we knew the basics of health, exercise and nutrition.
- The response of wheat in this medium in terms of growth, and nutrition of the plant as a whole, was described earlier.
- He gave a very informative talk on health and nutrition and increasing your energy levels and fighting degenerative diseases.
- About 35 Irish companies are active within the health, nutrition and functional food and drink sectors.
- People are constantly treating what they consider to be newer ideas about nutrition or health therapies as personal, rather than political.
- Maya aims at making a difference to the children's learning abilities, their health and nutrition.
- If you want to add muscle mass, you have to make the necessary nutrition sacrifices.
- The same gains in nutrition, health, and safety are surely to be sought and welcomed in less developed nations.
- An early task for the new Food Standards Authority involves exercising wisdom over a classical problem in public health nutrition.
- In fact, the Food and Drug Administration recently made it easier for companies to make health and nutrition claims on food.
- When crops grow quickly and with balanced nutrition, the growth can compensate for slight damage.
- In Australia four food groups are recognised as providing the basic nutrition for health and fitness.
- Who says college students are out-of-shape party animals with no regard for basic health and nutrition?
- Health, nutrition, and protein are now at the top of the agenda.
- There is a direct link between nutrition and health.
- Improvements in the public health of women with associated gains in female growth and nutrition must remain a longer term goal.
- Having suffered from asthma and eczema as a child, she believed there was a strong link between nutrition and health.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.