In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(rub against)to nuzzle against sth/sb
- the dog nuzzled against my leg — el perro me acarició la pierna con el hocico
- he nuzzled (up) against her — se acurrucó contra ella
- He bent down and gently nuzzled my neck, making me jump back a bit in surprise.
- His nose nuzzled her neck and he breathed deeply, savoring her scent.
- She kissed his earlobe and nuzzled her nose against his cool cheek.
- He whispered softly as he nuzzled his nose against hers.
- She was leaning into his side, nose nuzzling his cocktail jacket.
- He gently nuzzled her neck and slightly tightened his grip on her waist waiting for her reaction.
- The lady hugged the white cat closer to her body and gently nuzzled her cheek against its soft fur.
- He gently nuzzled her neck, causing her to let out a small giggle.
- She said while nuzzling her nose into his chest.
- As Nikolas shifted their bodies and his mouth nuzzled her neck, she didn't want anything negative to intrude on the moment.
- Chris said nuzzling his nose against Star's neck.
- The mare nuzzled her arm gently as she took the reins and she found herself beginning to sob.
- She trotted over to Wulf and nuzzled her nose against his free hand.
- He nuzzled his nose against the crook of my neck before abruptly letting me go.
- Firstly, I watched queen wasps and bees gently nuzzling bricks and mortar in the sunshine, looking for the weakness that provides a new home.
- He leaned down and nuzzled his nose under John's ear, whispering as he continued.
- Veil nodded understandingly and nuzzled her neck gently like his mother used to do to comfort him.
- Raine nuzzled his hand gently to bring him back to his senses.
- The tiny head turned and the mouth nuzzled her nipple.
- She grinned as the horse gently nuzzled her hand.
1acariciar con el hocico
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.