In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(fabric)nylon masculine(stockings/shirt) de nylonthis shirt is (made of) nylon — esta camisa es de nylon
- Singlets are made predominantly from either Lycra, nylon or a combination of the two fabrics.
- Elaine turned away from the closet, holding a pair of beige nylon pants and a red silk blouse.
- PVC, hot air balloon fabrics and nylon were all featured in this neat capsule collection of black and white womenswear.
- They found these blue and gray nylon fibers in Westerfield's home and two dozen of them in and around her body.
- Officials then invited the mother Milad Kahani to put the blue nylon rope around his neck.
- The pickup box was covered with a greasy tarpaulin held down by an equally greasy yellow nylon rope.
- Any nylon fibers sticking out at the top and bottom of the samples were trimmed with scissors.
- In addition to hosiery, nylon is used in tricot, netting for bridal veils, and in carpeting.
- Parachutes sewn at home are made from ripstop nylon and use twill tape to reinforce its seams.
- As a tenant, I had witnessed just about every way you can put a hole in a plaster wall or stain a piece of cheap nylon carpet.
- The fuel cells in the tanker are made of nylon fabric less than one-sixteenth of an inch thick.
- Alternatively he has created a piece that uses the shape of a target; this is made from red, white, and blue nylon.
- Next the guards produced some straps that looked to be made of canvas or nylon with a buckle at one end.
- It had two slabs of TNT over the chest and in the small of the back and was made of blue nylon.
- Her father guiding the play of the fish, her lifting the green nylon net in anticipation and finally the heavy weight in it.
- He pulled out a small length of thin nylon rope and a knife.
- The inquest heard that the blue nylon rope had been woven through the loops of a trellis attached to a gazebo rather than tied.
- Recently, I was dismayed at Rowan introducing acrylic and nylon into some of their yarns.
- Brands such as nylon and Lycra take heavy investment to keep people constantly aware of them.
- For a stretchy chain stitch, use texturized nylon or polyester thread in the needle or looper.
datedmedias de nylon feminine
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.