In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1Cookingfeminine harina de avenafeminine avena US
- He was a simple man who enjoyed unagi teishoku (eel and rice) and oxtail soup, and loved oatmeal for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- For breakfast people may eat porridge made of cornmeal or oatmeal, cereal, or bread and tea.
- So I added berries to my oatmeal, packed whole-grain sandwiches for lunch, ate low-sodium legumes with dinner and cut back on processed foods.
- And brown sugar sprinkled on oatmeal can help you enjoy eating something that's good for you.
- We have finished the Saltines and the instant oatmeal and even the spongy graham crackers left over from before summer.
- I like to carb up with both complex carbohydrates like oatmeal and with simple carbohydrates like apple-pie filling and dried fruit.
- Eat a baked potato with salsa or a bowl of oatmeal with a light sprinkling of brown sugar to help you wind down, and a dish of lentils or a hard-boiled egg if you feel too relaxed.
- I have to admit, my favorite winter food is oatmeal.
- Ryan is eating spaghetti and Mom is cooking oatmeal.
- Next, she puts a handful of herbs (either fresh or dried) and a few pinches of oatmeal or powdered milk in a pile on the fabric.
- Try to get as much fiber as you can from bodybuilding foods such as oatmeal, brown rice, whole-grain breads, vegetables, legumes and fruit.
- A bowl of oatmeal or grits or gruel is set in front of me, but my stomach retches.
- If you don't like plain oatmeal, try oat bran or cold cereal made with oatmeal or oat bran.
- Steerage passengers were given a fairly plain diet of salted meat, biscuits, soup rice, oatmeal and raisins.
- Complex carbohydrates like oatmeal and whole wheat bread ultimately break down into simple carbohydrates like sugar.
- Whereas many windmills were built on high land, Pilling Mill had to be a tall one in order to make the best use of the wind needed to produce the power to turn the huge stones grinding locally-grown oats into oatmeal.
- I left it on my desk by the phone and made breakfast-Quaker's instant oatmeal, cinnamon and brown sugar.
- Laver ‘bread’ is the green pulp produced by boiling the seaweed for up to six hours; it is then usually mixed with oatmeal and fried in bacon or sausage fat.
- In a mixing bowl combine flour, oatmeal, brown sugar, nuts, baking soda and salt.
- Oatmeal baths can be prepared at home also by grinding or blending dry oatmeal into a fine powder and adding about 2 cups to the bath water.
- Try to get in an equal amount of carbs and protein, with the carbs coming from complex sources such as oatmeal, brown rice and whole-grain bread.
- Christmas puddings were made of meat, oatmeal and spices.
- No bait is needed; however, if you prefer to use bait, peanut butter mixed with oatmeal can be placed on the trap triggers.
- Instead of topping your morning oatmeal with brown sugar, use a sliced kiwi.
- I shopped for healthier foods like chicken, fruit, vegetables, oatmeal and other whole grains.
- In the morning, I vary between oatmeal and egg white omelets with salsa and veggies, and in the summer I like cold cereals.
- A dish of oatmeal shaped into a pink heart was passed around the circle, and all partook of the ritual-like feast.
- While I love scones, muffins and bagels, I've been known to eat oatmeal for breakfast - especially while preparing for this visit.
- Today they were going to have eggs, toast, homemade strawberries and cream oatmeal and bacon.
- ‘Bad’ carbs, like instant oatmeal, white bread, and pasta, can make you ravenous within a few hours of eating.
- I eat my share of rice, breads, pasta, potatoes and oatmeal.
- Each passenger was allowed three quarts of water per day and seven pounds of bread, biscuit, flour, oatmeal or rice per week.
- Dorothy took long baths in ground oatmeal that she didn't mind for this kept the raging itch from becoming too fierce.
- These are made of oatmeal and bacon and are served with syrup.
- He replaced his morning eggs and sausage with oatmeal and a walk.
- Valeria the Grand kicked her guests out of bed at sunrise for a hearty breakfast of fruit, omelettes, oatmeal, and muffins.
- Aunt Neal had already began pouring me a bowl of oatmeal, putting sausage on a plate and shoveling a pound of bacon in the same saucer.
- As a grain, oats can be found in foods such as enriched cereals and breads; as rolled oats, in oatmeal; and as oat bran, in muffins or other baked foods.
- Emphasize protein, complex carbohydrates (such as oatmeal, yams and brown rice) and unsaturated fat.
- Inger called, turning from the stove where she was dishing up Adam's oatmeal.
2(color)beige crudo masculinebeige crudo
- The hall teams a pale oatmeal carpet with yellow tones above and below the dado, plain coving and stylish pendant lighting.
- It is slightly oatmeal in color, with a 70s brown hard plastic dustcover (which I recommend removing or decorating) and lots of keys.
- It is deep mahogany in colour and delivers chocolate and oatmeal notes that tantalise the tastebuds long after the swallow.
- Materials tend towards steel and stone while tones vary between pumice and oatmeal.
- Khadi can often encompass many shades from oatmeal, to grey and off-white.
- It is decorated in cream with an oatmeal carpet, a colour scheme that is continued throughout the apartment.
- Pashmina shawls are usually bright red, green, muted beige, or oatmeal in color.
- He didn't howl in pain, only sucked in his breath while his face turned a shade of pasty oatmeal grey.
- When she finished and made her way slowly through the carriage, the only person who gave her money was a bearded guy with long hair and a flowing oatmeal coloured floorlength robe sitting in the corner.
- To the right of the entrance hall, a compact dining room leads to the large living area with a modern white brick fireplace and a combination of oatmeal carpeting and Chinese slate flooring.
- Neutral oatmeal carpets create a subtle contrast to the light maple furniture.
- The floor used to be oatmeal shag carpet, but that didn't last long once he got the painting disease and the last time he saw it was when he and Stuart rolled it up and carried it to the dump.
- Today she is wearing a Jaeger oatmeal jacket - Mel's, not hers.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.