In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1Cooking(flour) harina de avena feminine(en copos) (flakes) avena feminine US
- Today they were going to have eggs, toast, homemade strawberries and cream oatmeal and bacon.
- Steerage passengers were given a fairly plain diet of salted meat, biscuits, soup rice, oatmeal and raisins.
- And brown sugar sprinkled on oatmeal can help you enjoy eating something that's good for you.
- Next, she puts a handful of herbs (either fresh or dried) and a few pinches of oatmeal or powdered milk in a pile on the fabric.
- Each passenger was allowed three quarts of water per day and seven pounds of bread, biscuit, flour, oatmeal or rice per week.
- Laver ‘bread’ is the green pulp produced by boiling the seaweed for up to six hours; it is then usually mixed with oatmeal and fried in bacon or sausage fat.
- I have to admit, my favorite winter food is oatmeal.
- As a grain, oats can be found in foods such as enriched cereals and breads; as rolled oats, in oatmeal; and as oat bran, in muffins or other baked foods.
- These are made of oatmeal and bacon and are served with syrup.
- He replaced his morning eggs and sausage with oatmeal and a walk.
- He was a simple man who enjoyed unagi teishoku (eel and rice) and oxtail soup, and loved oatmeal for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Dorothy took long baths in ground oatmeal that she didn't mind for this kept the raging itch from becoming too fierce.
- So I added berries to my oatmeal, packed whole-grain sandwiches for lunch, ate low-sodium legumes with dinner and cut back on processed foods.
- I left it on my desk by the phone and made breakfast-Quaker's instant oatmeal, cinnamon and brown sugar.
- If you don't like plain oatmeal, try oat bran or cold cereal made with oatmeal or oat bran.
- A bowl of oatmeal or grits or gruel is set in front of me, but my stomach retches.
- In a mixing bowl combine flour, oatmeal, brown sugar, nuts, baking soda and salt.
- While I love scones, muffins and bagels, I've been known to eat oatmeal for breakfast - especially while preparing for this visit.
- Oatmeal baths can be prepared at home also by grinding or blending dry oatmeal into a fine powder and adding about 2 cups to the bath water.
- For breakfast people may eat porridge made of cornmeal or oatmeal, cereal, or bread and tea.
- Whereas many windmills were built on high land, Pilling Mill had to be a tall one in order to make the best use of the wind needed to produce the power to turn the huge stones grinding locally-grown oats into oatmeal.
- We have finished the Saltines and the instant oatmeal and even the spongy graham crackers left over from before summer.
- ‘Bad’ carbs, like instant oatmeal, white bread, and pasta, can make you ravenous within a few hours of eating.
- Aunt Neal had already began pouring me a bowl of oatmeal, putting sausage on a plate and shoveling a pound of bacon in the same saucer.
- Try to get in an equal amount of carbs and protein, with the carbs coming from complex sources such as oatmeal, brown rice and whole-grain bread.
- Ryan is eating spaghetti and Mom is cooking oatmeal.
- Eat a baked potato with salsa or a bowl of oatmeal with a light sprinkling of brown sugar to help you wind down, and a dish of lentils or a hard-boiled egg if you feel too relaxed.
- A dish of oatmeal shaped into a pink heart was passed around the circle, and all partook of the ritual-like feast.
- Christmas puddings were made of meat, oatmeal and spices.
- I eat my share of rice, breads, pasta, potatoes and oatmeal.
- Emphasize protein, complex carbohydrates (such as oatmeal, yams and brown rice) and unsaturated fat.
- Inger called, turning from the stove where she was dishing up Adam's oatmeal.
- Complex carbohydrates like oatmeal and whole wheat bread ultimately break down into simple carbohydrates like sugar.
- Instead of topping your morning oatmeal with brown sugar, use a sliced kiwi.
- In the morning, I vary between oatmeal and egg white omelets with salsa and veggies, and in the summer I like cold cereals.
- Try to get as much fiber as you can from bodybuilding foods such as oatmeal, brown rice, whole-grain breads, vegetables, legumes and fruit.
- I shopped for healthier foods like chicken, fruit, vegetables, oatmeal and other whole grains.
- No bait is needed; however, if you prefer to use bait, peanut butter mixed with oatmeal can be placed on the trap triggers.
- I like to carb up with both complex carbohydrates like oatmeal and with simple carbohydrates like apple-pie filling and dried fruit.
- Valeria the Grand kicked her guests out of bed at sunrise for a hearty breakfast of fruit, omelettes, oatmeal, and muffins.
2(color)beige crudo masculine(invariable adjective) (before noun) beige crudo
- It is deep mahogany in colour and delivers chocolate and oatmeal notes that tantalise the tastebuds long after the swallow.
- To the right of the entrance hall, a compact dining room leads to the large living area with a modern white brick fireplace and a combination of oatmeal carpeting and Chinese slate flooring.
- When she finished and made her way slowly through the carriage, the only person who gave her money was a bearded guy with long hair and a flowing oatmeal coloured floorlength robe sitting in the corner.
- He didn't howl in pain, only sucked in his breath while his face turned a shade of pasty oatmeal grey.
- It is decorated in cream with an oatmeal carpet, a colour scheme that is continued throughout the apartment.
- Khadi can often encompass many shades from oatmeal, to grey and off-white.
- The floor used to be oatmeal shag carpet, but that didn't last long once he got the painting disease and the last time he saw it was when he and Stuart rolled it up and carried it to the dump.
- Pashmina shawls are usually bright red, green, muted beige, or oatmeal in color.
- Today she is wearing a Jaeger oatmeal jacket - Mel's, not hers.
- Materials tend towards steel and stone while tones vary between pumice and oatmeal.
- The hall teams a pale oatmeal carpet with yellow tones above and below the dado, plain coving and stylish pendant lighting.
- It is slightly oatmeal in color, with a 70s brown hard plastic dustcover (which I recommend removing or decorating) and lots of keys.
- Neutral oatmeal carpets create a subtle contrast to the light maple furniture.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.