In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- At the present time, more than half the women and two thirds of men are either obese or overweight.
- More than a third of the girls from the poorest backgrounds are overweight or obese.
- There is no consensus as to the definition of overweight and obese children.
- White men are by far the most likely to be obese or overweight and black men are least likely.
- Nearly two thirds of men and more than half of women in England are now either overweight or obese.
- One in five nine-year-olds is estimated to be overweight and one in ten obese.
- Two-thirds of the population are either overweight or obese, a figure which is rising.
- With so many children and parents overweight or obese, there's little stigma attached to being fat.
- The charity said over half of adults in the UK are overweight, with one in five classed as obese.
- The latest evidence shows people are getting more overweight and obese.
- It can also be used to determine if people are at a healthy weight, overweight or obese.
- Children who are overweight but not obese should be evaluated for other factors as well.
- Currently medical treatment options for obese and overweight people are limited.
- Overweight and obese conditions occurring at this age show persistent health effects decades later.
- More than one billion adults across many parts of the world are obese or overweight.
- Children were much more likely to be overweight or obese if both parents were overweight or obese.
- Recent research has shown poorer outcomes for overweight and obese boys than for girls.
- It is estimated that more than one in five Britons is now classed as obese and three-quarters are overweight.
- American doctors have for years observed the reliance on fast food of overweight and obese people.
- However, they suggest doctors may be missing deadly cancer in overweight and obese men.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.