In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1obituario masculinenecrológicas feminine
- When a senior journalist died, we decided to have an obit on him.
- This obit in a Westport newspaper lists a few of his achievements in this area.
- All obits will be subject to some degree of editing.
- So far, none of the obits I've seen for Ann Miller have mentioned what was to me her most impressive credit.
- Here's a newspaper obit on writer-artist-editor Gill Fox, whose passing we reported here a few days ago.
- Now we have hundreds of radio stations creating a profit with virtually no on-air personnel and no newsroom, no Associated Press wire, no birth announcements, no obits.
- Will your obit be dreary or contain flashes of perception, maybe even a quote or two?
- I'm sure there will be more obits and tributes that will list his many other impressive credits.
- These are sad stories, but they also are inspirational, heart-warming with a humanity not usually found in obits of more well-known people who make newspaper obituaries.
- All of our obits are added to the Web site the same day they appear in the paper.
- His obit will cover the usual attributes: father, husband, reporter, area man, sorely missed.
- Also on that website is an obit for John and another of his articles, this one a recent piece on Afghanistan.
- Most of the obits described his years with the Beatles, noted his early success as a solo performer, and then fast-forwarded to his painful final days.
- Then I checked the obits for Orlando around that time and he was there, with a Melbourne funeral home listed.
- Honestly, what benefit is there to newspapers in getting people to register just to read an obit?
- I mean, as long as I do my own things in my own right as well, so at least they get into the second paragraph of my obit, then I'll be fine.
- Here's a link to one of hundreds of obits that are on the web today.
- This link will take you to a page in his hometown newspaper with a brief obit.
- If so, his obit should note that he didn't exactly die; he just failed to be born.
- Here's a link to one of several obits that are now available on the web with more info about this remarkable lady.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.