In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(assessment/opinion/fact) objetivoI've tried to be objective — he intentado ser objetivo
- She argues that ontological realism about a type of entity is justified if the objective existence of the entities is part of our best explanation of the world.
- One reason why these studies are so important for the false memory controversy is that an objective record of the actual events is available.
- Frege ascribes to senses and thoughts objective existence.
- Controversial, yes, but I'm saying those physical laws don't have an objective existence, they're categories we apply to experiences.
- In this sense their condition is epistemologically objective but ontologically subjective.
- You posit an external, objective reality whose solidity allows an objective mind to perceive it fully and without cultural bias or observational tint.
- We can therefore say at the very least that there is no objective proof of the existence of a suicide tidal wave.
- I was determined to remain a disinterested, objective observer in order to respond to student questions or problems.
- Just to establish the ground rules, I know I am neither neutral nor the most objective observer on the subject I'm about to discuss in this space.
- Although the media can be reluctant to analyse or even accept that its own role is any more than that of an objective observer, its networks are formidable.
- With Hegel's concept of objective spirit, the object domain of modern social science, that is, individuality and society, make their appearance.
- The operational definitions that we adopt here are: Real objects are any objects that have an actual objective existence.
- If television could be relied upon to provide an objective rendering of actual events (we'll call it news) then I might be in.
- This contrasts with the common image of scientists being objective and impartial analysts who allow the empirical facts to speak for themselves.
- His behaviour may not be technically wrong, but to outside, objective observers it just seems wrong.
- The moral relativism that pollutes what remain of the rules of war - the good guys never do bad things - has entirely eradicated objective judgement.
- Nevertheless, the accumulation of evidence in a wide range of areas must surely force any reasonably objective observer to the conclusion that urgent policy action is required on a global level.
- In much the same way, arguments about the existence of God are only useful if you accept the notion that petitionary prayer can result in an objective effect in the phenomenal world.
- But when you're in the room with him, I believe that any trying to be objective person would come away with the impression, one, this is not a dumb person.
- Time is the form of inner sense, that is, of all states of mind, whether or not they are referred to an objective reality.
- No, I'm saying there is no ultimate reality, no objective existence, no ontology at all.
- Even a seemingly neutral description of the offence itself can be action-oriented in terms of constructing the objective, factual basis of the crime.
- Cornwallis fumed, and later historians have echoed his frustration, but should that be accepted as an objective judgement of the behaviour of Halifax's pioneers?
- The psychological contract is an attempt by a worker to impose order and responsibility to a situation where that person may have little objective power.
- There is authentic meaning, a reason for existence that is objective and real, not invented.
- Second, I am stating my opinions and hopefully I am more objective than judgemental.
- Like after the statements have had their desired effect to sway opinion and to make subjective assertions become, in the public mind, objective fact.
- As an objective observer, as you turn on the news every night, and you see what's going on in the Gulf Coast down there, so many people have lost so much.
- Any objective person would have to say that over the last four years we have invested more particularly in cancer services than we did in the past twenty years.
- This is anti - foundationalism, where the foundations were the hard facts of objective judgement and absolute truth.
- The only positive aspect that has emerged from the meeting is the fact that more objective members have started questioning the sudden conversion of Zuma into a friend of the workers and the masses.
- Secondly, becoming professionals has sometimes made historians pretend to an Olympian detachment from, and objective judgement on, the present and the past.
- Barely a day goes by without news of a terrorist incident, and speak to any objective observer and they will tell you that, for all the progress, big problems remain.
- It describes the test as ‘willingness’ and ‘ability’ as being relevant to the existence of an objective basis.
- This is what threatens materialism, since according to that doctrine, every fact about every human mind is ultimately a public, objective fact.
- But there is no longer any objective justification for the existence of competing small groups.
- Sometimes, we can overlook this fact and describe ourselves as objective scientists, but this understates the role of the economist in modern society.
- But it was conditional upon the objective existence of the factual circumstance, that is, that the termination was unfair, harsh or unjust.
- Neutral parties, objective people who would not ask, and would only obey.
- In the absence of an infallible and objective observer, judging competence from within a hierarchy is always likely to be a hit and miss affair.
2Linguistics(pronoun) de complemento directoobjective case — acusativo masculine
- Two prepositions should not govern one objective unless there is an immediate connection between them.
1objetivo masculinemilitary objectives — objetivos militares
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.