In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- That is to say, scientism, or what Husserl calls objectivism, overlooks the phenomenon of the life-world as the enabling condition for scientific practice.
- Haraway replies that it rejects both objectivism and relativism for the ways they let knowers escape responsibility for the representations they construct.
- She explained that the main strengths of her documentaries are objectivism and a personal point of view displayed in an unbiased and colourful way.
- The 20th century advances of Western medicine are due in large part to the cultivation of objectivism and the positivist philosophies that embrace the scientific method, a foundation of conventional medical training.
- She emphasized objectivism as a practical philosophy - one that is ‘concerned with the universal principles which must guide human action in achieving happiness here on earth.’
- Rand once described objectivism as ‘a philosophy for living on earth.’
- ‘I like the objectivism of the non-arranged and natural photography rather than someone posing for me,’ Todorova said.
- By ‘admitting into itself literal, illusionless ruins of empirical reality,’ Cubism inaugurates modernism as objectivism and fragmentariness.
- The same evasive logic allowed Heidegger, another critic of scientific objectivism and cultural relativism with no time for ethical dilemmas, famously to insist that ‘only a God will save us now.’
- And then I realized the problem with libertarianism, like objectivism and liberalism, was that it required accepting a romanticized view of human nature.
- How would you evaluate the media in terms of technique, objectivism and censorship during the war?
- Now symbolism, of course, is more in contrast with objectivism.
- Distressingly these encouraged narrow-minded ideas based upon sexual objectivism are just as prevalent in animation…
- These positions are frequently referred to respectively as objectivism and constructionism.
- These methods challenge the objectivism prized in conventional enquiry.
- Ayn Rand wrote a few books about objectivism, the total and relentless pursuit of perfection and the unwavering commitment needed to manage this.
- To his credit, Powell's objectivism prevented him from essentializing workers and scapegoating the labor force as the cause of the blue mold.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.