In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1exequias feminine formal
- The newspapers had done her proud, splashing big pictures and running long obituaries, but the question was: Had Fleet Street overestimated demand for royal obsequies?
- Seamus was a grand gentleman who commanded great regard in the community Funeral obsequies will be published later.
- She was particularly interested in meeting with and caring for people and has many trusted, loyal and sincere friends, many of whom were in attendance at the funeral obsequies.
- Burial takes place this Tuesday morning in St. Colman's Cemetery following Requiem Mass at 11 a.m. Funeral obsequies will be published later.
- These many aspects of her life of service drew huge attendances from three continents to her obsequies culminating in her Requiem Mass in St. Patrick's Church, Ballina on Monday 5th.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.