In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1observablevisiblethere was an observable improvement/change — hubo una mejora/un cambio apreciable / perceptible
- One feels in the presence of obvious intelligence and observable skill.
- Since all observable objects have some definitive shape and size then atoms do also.
- In this regard, sad to say, brain events appear to be no more transparent than other observable events like reaction time.
- The photograph emerges from the world of non-fiction, it is the product and evidence of the observable world.
- Other realms might exist beyond the edge of our observable universe, or in extra dimensions we are unable to perceive.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.