1(ticket/information/merchandise/results) conseguir(information/results/merchandise/ticket) obtener formalsalt can be obtained from sea water — se puede obtener sal del agua del mar
- to obtain sth for sb — conseguirle algo a algn
- we can obtain that book for you — le podemos conseguir ese libro
- But the bill does not definitively bar statements obtained under torture or other abuse.
- This might seem unusual, yet something similar may well be obtaining in many marriages.
- This gender inequality obtains everywhere in this sector.
- It is also suggested in the article that the same obtains in the United States, although no real source for that information is given.
- The licensed acupuncturist also obtains informed consent from each patient.
- The analysis was performed on natural log-transformed data, and parameters were obtained directly from the analysis.
- But how does all this fit with what obtains here at home?
- The same pattern obtains for Islam, as Woodward includes miracles associated with Muhammad and then a number of Sufi saints.
- Consent was also obtained from parents and students.
- He suggested that his apparent support for official policy was obtained under duress.
- The results obtained by the 2 methods of specimen handling and DNA extraction were indistinguishable.
- Because he felt as if he could never obtain what the couple shared.
- The same foolishness, the same sterility, obtains in the ‘not serious’ as in the ‘serious’.
- Under the old billing system, accountants and corporate officers could not easily obtain necessary data or documents.
- There is absolutely no desire here to tinker with what obtains.
- Or are we to go semi-professional like obtains on the domestic soccer front in Ireland, with such little attraction for fans.
- That situation still obtains in the case of the distribution of power, resources and opportunities among the four provinces of the state.
- The parameter estimates were obtained using simulated maximum likelihood with Halton sequences as described by Train.
- Sadly, Dr Mumba's discovery at the ministry of Lands gives a clear picture of what obtains in the entire civil service.
- The volume of apoplastic fluid obtained by centrifugation increased gradually when the centrifugal forces increased.
- I should note that Welborn Rule obtains here: all posts to me are subject to possible posting, so be forewarned!
- The commissioner found that the leave form was not authorised and the sick certificate was fraudulently obtained.
- A new strain was one that had not been isolated from sputum samples previously obtained from an individual patient.
- Serum samples were also obtained from 25 healthy blood donors which served as controls.
- A genus-species relation obtains when a proper definition of the form X = YZ is possible.
- We understand that over one million people in South Africa have fraudulently obtained licences or have none at all.
- All estimates are obtained using four driving values and bridge sampling.
- Do they use the same sort of violence and threats to obtain what they want?
- It'll be my turn to prod the jelly tomorrow if silence still obtains.
- It is our hope the situation obtaining on the Copperbelt is not a passing phase.
- Probes were obtained by PCR amplification of the indicated loci.
- After genetic isolation of P insertion chromosomes, the flanking sequences were obtained by inverse PCR and sequenced.
- Fifteen years later, no shared national understanding obtains about those events.
- Overall equilibrium obtains when these three markets are in equilibrium.
- If the consent is dishonestly obtained, then there is still dishonesty.
- A Catholic would say the same thing obtains with the Blessed Virgin.
- But Descartes insists that a rational distinction also obtains between any two attributes of a substance.
- The same of course obtains with respect to the ethnic grievance groups that oppose such measures in the name of equal treatment.
- Suppose you start off with no information about which of the four possible combinations of truth values for A and B obtains.
- Maps obtained in these studies are based on the third and the fourth extractions.
1(exist)(practice/belief) imperar formal(conditions) estar dadas
2(be valid)(theorem/law) regir