In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1it's not obtainable in this country — no se puede conseguir en este país
- passes are easily obtainable — los pases son fáciles de conseguir / se pueden conseguir fácilmente
- In conclusion, funding is always available and obtainable if you have the complete package necessary to develop a business.
- It's obtainable through most of the bookstores across the country.
- SeniorLink Units are available to buy and free units are obtainable to older people that meet the charity's criteria.
- Supporters say it is a process to maximise the value obtainable from the available resources.
- For example, relevant bank statements, which were either available or easily obtainable, were not presented.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.