In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The supraoccipital is essentially an unpaired dermal bone of the occiput.
- In their study, the highest interface pressures occurred under the occiput in young children and under the sacrum in older children.
- At surgery, there was a significant deformity of the cranial vault at the level of the occiput and first and second cervical vertebrae.
- The helmet alleviates the pressure on the flattened area of the occiput and allows the skull to grow faster in the desired directions.
- The left hip is more commonly affected, presumably because of the left occiput anterior position of most vertex-presenting newborns.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.