In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Many weather textbooks state that occluded fronts occur when the cold front catches up with and overtakes the warm front.
- As the cold front reaches the warm front it forms an occluded front.
- When this happens it is known as an occluded front.
- But for Sampras and some wicked occluded fronts during July, he'd have won Wimbledon five times.
- This means the warm air can be forced totally off the ground and this is called an occluded front.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.