In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(training) ocupacional(training) profesional(disease) profesionalit's an occupational hazard — son gajes del oficio humorous
- occupational pension — pensión pagada al empleado por la compañía para la cual ha trabajado
- And even then they were only aimed at limiting occupational exposure within the asbestos industry.
- As well as occupational health checks, staff are also offered blood pressure, cholesterol and urine checks.
- Firstly, individual members of occupational pensions schemes do not have votes.
- The respiratory thing really does seem to be the occupational disease of magicians.
- The rules cover most personal pension plans as well as preserved benefits from occupational pension schemes.
- Late papers mean occupational health and safety issues for newsagents as employers.
- My wife and I have taken early retirement with occupational pensions.
- No, you can leave it by choosing to take out an occupational pension or personal pension.
- Occupational asthma is the most common form of occupational lung disease in developed countries.
- This will mean more family friendly policies and an occupational health service for primary care professionals.
- Such occupational schemes come in two varieties: defined benefit and defined contribution.
- This is due to the occupational helpline not getting in touch with their employer straight away.
- Every day I see employers breaching basic occupational health and safety guidelines.
- Acknowledged as an occupational disease, lead poisoning is a disabling illness.
- However, the new product is expected to appeal to members of ordinary occupational schemes.
- The government has just launched a scheme to sell occupational healthcare to the private sector.
- The fund will be bankrolled by levies on employers offering occupational pension schemes.
- The scheme also involved bringing in an occupational health nurse to give on-the-spot advice.
- It seems every profession is rich with clever little occupational secrets.
- I am a member of an occupational pension scheme approved by the Inland Revenue.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.