In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1ocupanteto the occupier — al ocupante de la vivienda
- An occupier under a beneficial lease cannot require the annual value to be cut down to the rent actually reserved.
- There is already a great deal of interest in the development and we know that these facilities will prove an additional attraction to potential occupiers.
- If there is actual occupation, and the occupier has rights, the purchaser takes subject to them.
- Exclusive possession distinguishes an occupier who may in due course acquire title under the Limitation Act 1980 from a mere trespasser.
- Thus, the escape was one for which custom had long since imposed strict liability on the occupier of the land.
- It has, as Stein JA points out, an inherent quality that it will be used to the benefit of subsequent owners and occupiers.
- The gypsies in South Bucks were both owners and occupiers of the land, albeit occupying it in breach of planning legislation.
- Mr Fagan is advising owners and occupiers of similar properties that their buildings should be regularly surveyed and repaired.
- The Act further provides for the prosecution of landowners who illegally evict occupiers from their land.
- Under Section 106, the Act, following the Latham Report, does not apply to a construction contract with a residential occupier.
- To date the local authority has been obliged to notify the owner and occupier that the property will be revalued, but this will no longer be the case.
- It seems to embrace the proposition that owners or occupiers are insurers for the safety of others.
- All owners, occupiers, statutory bodies and other interested parties will receive full details of the proposals this month.
- The retail market continues to be the best performer in the commercial sector with strong demand from tenants and occupiers.
- The adjudication provisions in the Minor Works contract do not exclude residential occupiers from their ambit as does the Act.
- Is there a genuine issue for trial on the question of whether Monk Realty was an occupier of the sidewalk?
- The individual claimants are freehold owners and occupiers of their homes in Church Village.
- The plaintiffs were lessees and occupiers of one of the flats.
- The second is satisfied if the occupier knows that the claimant may come into the vicinity of the danger.
- The new buildings will offer potential occupiers a different style of office accommodation.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.