In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(event, instance)it is a frequent/rare occurrence — ocurre/no ocurre con frecuencia
- murders are an everyday occurrence here — aquí los asesinatos son cosa de todos los días
- the unusual occurrences of the previous evening — los extraños acontecimientos de la noche anterior
- there were two separate occurrences — hubo dos casos independientes
2(incidence)incidencia femininethe occurrence of cancer among children — la incidencia del cáncer en los niños
- of less frequent occurrence — de menor frecuencia y número
- The isochronous data pipe can be stopped and started on the occurrence of specific events.
- The discovery of new holes in Windows and Internet Explorer become an everyday occurrence.
- He saw that she showed no sign of being scared on account of the occurrence of a political incident.
- Such incidents and occurrences lead to misconceptions about Islam, which is essentially a religion of peace.
- For me to be at a loss for words is a very rare occurrence.
- "I think the industry should consider possible solutions to prevent similar occurrences in future, " Li said.
- The operator confirms or discards the occurrence of a traffic incident based on the video screen review.
- The company apologised to the court and said it has now introduced procedures to prevent similar occurrences in the future.
- Career crisis is no longer a rare occurrence for Shanghainese in a society dominated by a market economy.
- There is nothing really unique about this incident since similar occurrences happen regularly.
- Chance occurrence of an event is one in which no cause can be identified explaining its teleological or purposeful specificity.
- Pipher has noted that adolescent girls tend to report events and occurrences dramatically and emotionally.
- Confrontations between Emperor Pedro I and local Brazilian aristocracy over the degree of centralization became common occurrences.
- A sentinel event is an unexpected occurrence involving death or serious physical injury.
- I sincerely hope this man will reflect on my response and consider his action in the event of a similar occurrence.
- An unusual and rare occurrence happened at a golf tournament in Loughrea on last Saturday week.
- Councillor Art Rempel agreed, but wondered what can be done to prevent similar occurrences in future.
- I cannot imagine that these two occurrences are isolated incidents.
- Conflicts between people are common, normal occurrences.
- Second, we need to document unusual occurrences.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.