In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The oceanarium is owned by Underwater World Pattaya Ltd and managed by Sovereign Marketing.
- A massive oceanarium at Parque das Nacoes pays homage to the oceans crossed and charted by the Portuguese during the heyday of their empire.
- Before the storm oceanarium officials had evacuated 6 of the facility's 14 dolphins to hotel swimming pools.
- The penguins have been exported to oceanariums and zoos all over the world, including Israel, the US, Japan and Netherlands.
- Dolly the dolphin, the much loved senior resident of the Bayworld oceanarium, is pregnant again.
- Ancol is also conducting a major renovation on Gelanggang Samudra, an oceanarium which is famous for its dolphin and sea lion shows.
- ‘An oceanarium in the backwaters is under serious consideration,’ said the Mayor, C. M. Dinesh Mani.
- She dreamt that that she was in a large oceanarium.
- A huge oceanarium at Parque das Nacoes pays homage to the oceans which were crossed and charted repeatedly by the Portuguese.
- The park provides Western-style food inside the oceanarium, where you eat as if at the bottom of the ocean surrounded by various kinds of fish.
- A visit to the site of Expo '98 and, in particular, Europe's largest oceanarium, is worth considering.
- The mystery surfaced when a separate group of dolphins was washed from a commercial oceanarium on the Mississippi coast during Katrina.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.