In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- That is in fact a very important part of the physical oceanography of the Great Barrier Reef.
- Science on the reef embraces so many diverse and alluring fields: marine ecology, oceanography, plate tectonics, ethnobiology, and more.
- Climatology, evolutionary biology, oceanography, and plate tectonics all got a jump start from Challenger's results.
- Dynamic oceanography may result in dynamic recruitment success.
- After trying his hand at biological oceanography in college, Waltuck traveled throughout Europe for six months.
- These salinity changes are unprecedented in the relatively short history of the science of oceanography.
- Munk was honored with the 1999 Kyoto Prize in Basic Sciences for his fundamental contributions to the field of oceanography.
- Physics and physical oceanography thus immediately became vital to the national war effort.
- He specializes in ocean acoustics, signal processing and physical oceanography.
- Both students are in the biological oceanography curricular group at Scripps.
- Ashore there will be a vast interactive exhibition area with displays on international marine technology, oceanography and ecology.
- A native of Brooklyn, N.Y., Cane has written nearly 200 papers on a broad range of topics in oceanography and climatology.
- In 1855, Maury wrote the first textbook on modern oceanography, The Physical Geography of the Sea and Its Meteorology.
- At the end of the '60s, earth sciences was added to the marine biology and oceanography degrees offered at Scripps.
- The National Research Council has ranked Scripps first in faculty quality among oceanography programs nationwide.
- I thought you weren't keeping up with what went on in the rest of the world outside of marine biology and oceanography.
- Interpretive exhibits highlight Scripps research as well as the history of oceanography.
- In 1968, he was appointed professor of oceanography.
- This web of activity is made all the worse by the influence of microclimates, complex oceanography, and unique geographical features.
- I've been privileged to interact with many of the great scientists who led oceanography in the postwar era.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.