In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1octano masculinebefore noun octane number / rating — octanaje masculine
- Instead, new engines have been designed to run on lower octane gasoline, which is made of hydrocarbons that are resistant to knock.
- Four different solvent media were considered: octane, tetrahydrofuran, acetonitrile, and water.
- Carbon in its most reduced form is found in alkanes, which are typically fuels like methane, propane, and octane.
- To test the validity of the open-state model, molecular dynamics simulations in octane, a lipid bilayer mimetic, were carried out.
- My job was to change the plastic numbers displaying the price of 87 - octane standard unleaded gasoline from $1.54 to $1.56.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.