In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- He sang an octave higher than his master, to better suit his tenor.
- What is it that makes notes one octave apart fit together so well?
- In another, open octaves alternate with chordal homophony.
- Psychotic disco drums and vivacious octave bass lines introduce us to the Liars new mania.
- Trotter uses this music to introduce octaves, accented rhythms, a whole tone scale and a continuous cross-hand pattern.
- Rocky sung this quietly, and an octave lower than it was supposed to be.
- One of the most difficult passages for the violin in the first movement is a melodic minor one-octave scale in fingered octaves.
- Lerner conquered the score's thunderous octaves and tone clusters brilliantly.
- The coda makes use of octaves and large chords, which may cause difficulty for smaller hands.
- Only one, ‘I Love to Tell the Story,’ has the melody in octaves in the bass.
- I hissed softly, my voice a few octaves higher than it should have been.
- His voice had changed, dropping several octaves.
- The main difficulty of the second section is the pages of interlocking octaves, chords and single notes covering the entire range of the keyboard.
- Meanwhile, strong octave Bs in the bass, along with the lengthy pedals necessary to sustain them, create the tremendous resonance this passage requires.
- They chant in a deep harmonic, which can be heard sounding three octaves at once during stages in the ritual.
- These ratios produce the eight notes of an octave in the musical scale corresponding to the white keys on a piano.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.