In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- A high index of suspicion can preserve vision and prevent further ocular complications.
- Other symptoms of polycythemia vera include headaches, transient neurologic or ocular complaints, and paresthesias.
- In high concentrations, the smoke causes ocular and upper respiratory tract irritation in health care personnel.
- Patients with suspected ocular disease should be referred to an ophthalmologist for a full dilated ocular examination.
- In one uncontrolled series, 12% of women developed ocular toxicity, some of them within a few months of starting treatment.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.